Go All In (Part 2) | Week 6
Know God / Grow Together
He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
Peace = Shalom (Hebrew concept of peace); Right relationship with God, each other, and creation
- Jesus has made a way for us to KNOW GOD.
- Jesus brings people far from God near to God.
- Jesus has called us together, to grow together.
- Together we become a dwelling for God's Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit of God is here in us, and in our midst.
- HOLY MOMENT
Make a Difference / Go All In
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
- We have the greatest wisdom/truth for everything.
- It's not our wisdom, but it's ours to give away.
- We can use that to make a difference in our community with that.
- Why use our resources for anything else?
Commitment / Pledge
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
- This is a decision of faith and will. You aren’t going to drift into it.
... throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the Lord, ...
- This commitment means re-ordering your life. Setting new priorities for your time/talent and resources.
- Take out your pledge card. Take a moment to pray. Sign that form.
- Our pledge means nothing without God being in it.