5 Verses for Spiritual Battle
Our lives are surrounded by spiritual battles. If you are not yet a believer in Jesus Christ, you need to know that there is a battle going on to keep you blind to the truth of God’s Word. If you are already a believer, the battle rages around you to distract and disable you. I’m sharing some good verses to read and memorize to help you live victoriously.
1. 1 Peter 5:8 - Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
The first key to victory is realizing there is an enemy. The devil is constantly looking for ways to trip you up, knock you down, and take you out. Knowing there is an enemy and watching out for his attacks and weapons is the first step.
2. 1 Peter 5:9 - Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
The second key to victory is resisting the attacks. Stand firm and know that you are never alone in the battle. Brothers and sisters around the world are standing up to the same attacks as you. There is comfort in knowing you are not alone. Be ready to share with others what you are going through and encourage others that you understand their battles.
3. Ephesians 6:10-12 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
The third key to victory is being prepared. God has provided you with the power and tools you need to defend against anything the devil throws at you. Ephesians 6:13-18 describes the armor in detail. It is interesting that most of the tools are to defend yourself and only one is a weapon of offense, which is the Word of Truth (God’s Word).This leads us to the fourth scripture.
4. Philippians 4:8-9 - Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
The fourth key to victory is being prepared with memorized scriptures to fight against the lies of the enemy. For example, when you think to yourself “I’m not good enough”, this is a lie from the enemy. Fight that thought with Psalm 139:14 which says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” When you feel lonely and think that no one loves you, recite Hebrews 13:5b which says, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” When you are battling fears, remember that fear does not come from God and fight those thoughts with Isaiah 41:10 which says, “So do not fear for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Find scriptures to memorize that are specific to your battles so that you can be prepared to fight with the Words of Truth.
5. Exodus 14:13-14 - Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Finally, be still. How wonderful to know that God fights these battles for us. He has already won. Trust him and remember what he has said.